Curious how to have amazing relationships? My name is Sophie Cress, LMFT & Certified Gottman Therapist, I’m here to show you how…
Hello beloved, how wonderful to have you here! Welcome to Sophie Cress Therapy.
Let me guess… things aren’t rosy in your relationship.
- Have you been feeling lost and uncertain of your significant other?
- Are you struggling to communicate effectively with each other?
- Has the spark died, and you two just can’t quite seem to rekindle it?
- Has resentment started creeping in?
- Or maybe things are just great, and you’re just seeking therapy to equip yourself with life skills to help you be intentional about your relationship and life in general?
First of all, I’m sending you lots of love and grace. I want you to know that I’m here for you. Relationships can be challenging, and it’s natural to encounter obstacles along the way.
But there is hope, and the fact that you’re here means you still want to try. I’m here to help you navigate through these difficulties.
And above all else, it’s an honor to walk with you hand in hand so that you can feel seen, heard, appreciated, and valued.
I’ll be honest…it might take a while. The outcome may not even be what you were hoping for. But you will come out the other end with a renewed spirit and strength.
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) and Certified Gottman Therapist, I specialize in helping couples like you find harmony, understanding, and renewed connection.
Together, we can work towards building a solid and fulfilling relationship that withstands the tests of time.
I understand the unique dynamics that couples face, and my approach is rooted in empathy, compassion, and evidence-based techniques.
Whether you’re dealing with trust issues, communication breakdowns, or struggling to rekindle the spark, I’ll provide you with the tools and support needed to address your concerns and foster a healthier, more satisfying relationship.Check My Services
Here’s How We’ll Do It:
Create a safe space
Establishing an environment where both partners feel secure, accepted, and free to express themselves without judgment or fear of negative consequences.
Cultivate healthy communication
Practicing open and honest conversations, actively listening to each other, and finding respectful ways to express thoughts and feelings.
Strengthen your friendship
Creating a solid bond of trust, support, and companionship to help you feel closer and more connected to each other.
Build intimacy and affection
Creating a deep emotional connection and nurturing a sense of closeness and warmth between partners.
Use a research-based scientific approach
I utilize research-backed approaches such as Gottman Couples Therapy and Emotionally Focused Therapy, which have been proven effective, to ensure optimal results for you.
“Sophie, what makes you the right person for this job?”
I appreciate your curiosity. Allow me to share more about myself:
- I’m LMFT & Certified Gottman Therapist
- I got my Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from The University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- I got my Master’s Degree in Couples & Family Therapy from Antioch University, New England
- I’m a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapy Associate in NC and a Certified Gottman Therapist (CGT)
- I’m a certified Prepare-Enrich facilitator for premarital counseling.
- I’m an LGBTQIA+ ally.
Communication is the most important in every relationships. Sophie helped us to hear each other, teach us some Non-Violent communication methods. We understand each other’s needs so much better now.
– Jake & Chris
It’s hard to find someone who’s as open-minded and non-judging as Sophie is. Sophie helped us improve our relationship dynamics, connect our feelings with our needs, allowing to communicate better.
– Kelly & Jasmine